The Role and Benefits
To meet the growing demand for medical services we have seen, Primary Health Care has facilities available for Vocationally Registered General Practitioners with specialty interests including (but not limited to) Travel Medicine, Skin and Cosmetic, Mental Health, Women’s Health and Chronic Disease Management.
Primary Health Care will allow you to grow your practice as a General Practitioner with ongoing learning and development provided by our dedicated educational resource, the Primary Healthcare Institute; with resources available online and via our dedicated clinical support team.
Unique to Primary Health Care, each new General Practitioner will be assigned a dedicated Relationship Manager to co-ordinate a robust induction programme, integrated seamlessly into their team, as well as supported in their clinical practice.
A variety of contractor arrangements are available and flexible to your needs.
As a general outline, you will have the following duties:
- Provide a comprehensive, continuing medical care for individuals, families and the communities through working as a General Practitioner
- Conduct consultations to follow up on simple and complex health conditions.
- Provide a range of health services including prevention, treatment and rehabilitation
- Consult with other health professionals i.e. nurses, specialists, colleagues
- To provide ongoing education, participate in health promotion, conduct research, assist in training of colleagues and other health professionals
- Reporting births, deaths & notifiable diseases to government authorities
- Arranging admission of patients to hospitals if necessary
- Ordering labratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures and interpreting findings to assist in diagnosis
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Medical Degree from an accredited Medical School and post-graduate experience in providing quality appropriate medical care in a General Practice setting.
- Must be prepared to obtain appropriate Australian medical qualifications in general practice
- Must participate in continuing professional development (CPD)
- Must have current CPR certificate
- To be clinically competent in all aspects of primary health care involving children and adults.
- Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Assessed and approved previous experience in general practice medicine
- Must participate in competency assessment as required by registration licensing authority
- The successful applicant will be expected to undertake and display a willingness to attend GP division seminars, post-graduate training and lectures
We have practices in:
- Ballarat - Eureka Medical & Dental Centre
- Craigieburn - Primary Medical Centre Craigieburn
- Elsternwick - Elsternwick Medical Centre
- Epping - Epping Plaza Medical & Dental Centre
- Forest Hill - Medical & Dental Centre Forest Hill
- Frankston - Young Street Medical & Dental Centre Frankston
- Highett - Primary Medical & Dental Centre Highett
- Ivanhoe East - East Ivanhoe Medical Clinic
- Melton - Primary Medical & Dental Centre
- Moonee Ponds - Moonee Ponds Medical Centre
- Narre Warren - Narregate Medical & Dental Centre
- Preston - High Street Medical & Dental Centre Preston
- Ringwood - Seymour Street Medical & Dental Centre Ringwood
- Surrey Hills - Mont Albert Medical Group
- Werribee - Werribee Medical & Dental Centre
Last updated: 17 August 2018