Due to high patient demand, we have opportunities for VR General Practitioners to practice from our multidisciplinary medical homes in ACT.
We will support you to provide the best quality medicine and continuity of care by having access to a variety of medical services all under one roof including Physio & Allied Health, Radiology, Pharmacy, Dental, Treatment Rooms and Specialists.
We understand the importance of work-life balance and we’re now offering arrangements with no exclusivity requirement, flexible roster arrangements and administrative support, allowing you the time and flexibility to fulfil your professional and personal goals.
Unique to Healius, we offer support for ongoing professional learning and development provided by our dedicated educational resource, the Healius Institute. Grow your practice, develop special interests (such as travel medicine, skin & cosmetic, mental health, chronic disease management or women’s health) or be rewarded by mentoring the next generation of GPs, all while being supported by our dedicated clinical support team.
As a general outline, you will have the following duties:
- Provide a comprehensive, continuing medical care for individuals, families and the communities through working as a General Practitioner
- Conduct consultations to follow up on simple and complex health conditions.
- Provide a range of health services including prevention, treatment and rehabilitation
- Consult with other health professionals i.e. nurses, specialists, colleagues
- To provide ongoing education, participate in health promotion, conduct research, assist in training of colleagues and other health professionals
- Reporting births, deaths & notifiable diseases to government authorities
- Arranging admission of patients to hospitals if necessary
- Ordering labratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures and interpreting findings to assist in diagnosis
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Medical Degree from an accredited Medical School and post-graduate experience in providing quality appropriate medical care in a General Practice setting.
- Must be prepared to obtain appropriate Australian medical qualifications in general practice
- Must participate in continuing professional development (CPD)
- Must have current CPR certificate
- To be clinically competent in all aspects of primary health care involving children and adults.
- Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Assessed and approved previous experience in general practice medicine
- Must participate in competency assessment as required by registration licensing authority
- The successful applicant will be expected to undertake and display a willingness to attend GP division seminars, post-graduate training and lectures
Benefits to consider
- Practice your way - Appointments, walk-ins or telehealth consults available based on your preference
- Additional opportunity to sub-specialise for GPs with an interest in Women’s Health
- Qualified Nursing support - including Health Assessments and Care Plans
- Team environment - help to develop your practice from day one
- Short-term agreements available - with flexibility to fit around your lifestyle
- No exclusivity requirement options! – you’ll be able to continue working at your current practice
- Accredited CPD GP webinarsavailable through our dedicated education resource, the Healius Institute
- Belconnen – Ginninderra Medical & Dental Centre (DPA)
- Phillip – Phillip Medical & Dental Centre (Private billing available)
Vocationally Registered General Practitioners with AHPRA (FRACGP, ACCRRM, FRNZCG, MRCGP via JCPTGP, CFPC, MICGP)
Last updated 17th August 2018